Personal Eye View
Saturday, November 12, 2005
  Overture
I thought I would share with you all my blogger pals one of my passions, as this one is a huge passion of mine.

Imagine it, you have the music, the script, all your cast in their positions, ready to act, and suddenly from behind the curtain you arise to the stage hitting out with the first stage number!

Yes, you've guessed it bloggers! My passion is theatre and a passion for the stage!

I have been interested in the theatre ever since I was little and today I got something through the post- the long awaited Jolson The Musical Cd with Brian Conley through the post!

And it brought my passion back to life with it's rousing songs and lovely music, but even though I had just listened to the music, I quickly picked up most of the tune's lyrics within one second of hearing it! Odd, isn't it!

I suppose the person who got me interested in performing and theatre was my nan. When I was little, she used to be a theatre director in an army base and she also had a ballet school to which I attended and was excellent at dancing and acting.

I still love acting and performing even though I don't do much of it now, but I adore singing to my CD's I have of musicals and theatre based stuff.

Here's a list of CD's I have which I adore that are musicals and theatre stuff:

Me and My Girl
Joseph and his Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
Cats
The Best Musicals In the world (Various)
Rocky Horror Picture Show
Jolson The Musical
Oliver!
Brian Conley- Stage To Stage (Various Musicals)
 
Comments:
Hi Katie, I like all kinds of different music and I am not too enthusiastic about musicals in general, but i DO love all of Andrew Lloyd Webber's musicals. I have seen Cats and Phantom of the Opera here in Hamburg, where it was running for years and years and I have seen Starlight Express in Bochum. I have also been to performances of Jesus Christ Superstar and Evita in London and I have all of the musicals on CDs.
And I must admit I am one of the very few people on earth, who do not particulary like the Rocky Horror Picture Show :-(
 
Good evening Katie. I think I told you of my stage school days? I enjoyed my time and there is nothing like the feeling you get just before the curtain goes up. The applause is addictive and it is something I miss greatly. I don't know wether I could have handled fame though. Chris.
 
I liked the feeling too, when the curtain goes up Chris, but I had a scary experience when I was at school doing my performing, I used to suffer with a small bout of stage fright. I was okay though and enjoyed it greatly.

We should act together honey and perform a play!
 
Katie, I'm just catching up on visiting my favorite blogs.
I'm very excited to hear about you loving theater! I love it too!
It's been a long time since I've done theater, and I would like to again. I've gotten out of the habit of keeping up with when local auditions are. Theater was my major in college. I progressively became too ill to feel sure about being able to commit to a show, and stopped trying for a few years. Now I'm feeling stronger, and would like to do it again. The closest I get is sometimes doing a musical number at karaoke, as an encore. It's really fun to shift from what they have been hearing me do all night, some of which they have requested, like Janis Joplin, and hear them respond to a show stopper they never knew I could do, and that they wouldn't ordinarily have liked earlier in the evening. I love getting a tough crowd like that to stand, because I know they wouldn't if they didn't feel strongly about it. They are usually either hard core country, or hard core rockers.
It sort of makes up for the times people won't even give me a chance at job interviews for washing dishes and flipping burgers, when it's obvious that I came across town to the interview by myself and did alright.
Some of my musical albums are: Pippin, West Side Story, Into the Woods, Song and Dance, Fiddler On the Roof, Show Boat, Annie Get Your Gun, Les Miserable, Chess, Cats, Company, Follies, A Chorus Line, You're A Good Man Charlie Brown, JC Superstar, Godspell, Hair, Evita, South Pacific, Sunday In the Park with George, Edwin Drood, The Secret Garden, Carousel, Sweeney Todd, more...
I've been in at least five of those, and others I'm sure I'm forgetting. I remember having a running rivalry with a best friend of mine in the early eighties as to which of us would get cast as Evita first! (Grin) Turns out Madonna got it, and no, she wasn't my best friend. Never met her. I wanted to hate the movie, but it turned out reasonably well, I thought. Of course now I would love to play Norma, in Sunset Boulevard. I don't think it's imperative that the character be sighted. (smile)
Audrey
Audrey
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
The ever changing world of a thirty something woman who seems to be fiercely independent now!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hertfordshire, United Kingdom

Caring,fun loving person who finds life strange and unusual in a mad way but always ends up liking things!

ARCHIVES
05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005 / 06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005 / 07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005 / 08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005 / 09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005 / 10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005 / 11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005 / 12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006 / 01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006 / 02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006 / 03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006 / 04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006 / 05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006 / 06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006 / 07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006 / 09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006 / 11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006 / 12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007 / 01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007 /


Powered by Blogger